FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH (DISCIPLES OF CHRIST) | GEARY, OKLAHOMA
The desired Senior Pastor will be an individual who cares for the entire church and ministers to the local community. The Senior Pastor will be expected to give himself to the ministry of the Word and prayer, seeking to walk uprightly before the Lord in his personal life while seeking the mind of God on behalf of the congregation.
First Christian Church is the most established in Geary, OK and is widely known for their enduring investment in local communities. The church is a mixture of young and older generations with a tight-knit family bond. First Christian Church is financially stable and recently purchased community center to serve the needs of Geary, Oklahoma residents.
Geary, Oklahoma is a beautiful town located near downtown Oklahoma City. The next Senior Pastor will enjoy a nice parsonage home with a generator and storm shelter.
- Actively seek ways to care for church members and minister to the needs of local community.
- Lead Sunday morning services, providing Bible-based sermons in line with the direction and goals of the church.
The pastor shall, in all ways, endeavor to lead and teach the congregation according to the precepts of Holy Scripture, holding true to the church’s Statement of Faith, Constitution, By-Laws and governing policies.
- Conduct weddings and funeral services, perform baby dedications and baptisms as necessary.
- Visit people in the midst of crises (i.e. death, serious sickness, trauma or other significant events), where Senior Pastoral care is needed.
- Teach adult Sunday School and provide leadership in planning executing the Adult Education programs and other programs in discipleship and ministry training.
- Provide Wednesday’s youth services support, working with the youth pastor.
- Serve on any committees appointed to by the Board.
- Provide counseling for individuals, couples, groups and those in need.
- Visit and regularly communicate with hospitalized, homebound, nursing home residents and those in need.
- Serve as a member of the Geary Oklahoma Ministerial Alliance.
- Lead the Geary Nursing Home services rotation with other local pastors.
- Take part in community events and activities and inter-denominational gatherings.
Easter, Holy Week services, Christmas special services, All-Church Gatherings and the like.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Provide education, training and counseling in all areas of Christian living.
- Lead the church in efforts to target and win the lost and un-churched to Christ, with visitation and regular communication.
- Be in agreement with the church’s confession of faith and constitution.
- Honor the history of the church and prepare for its future.
- Be willing to assume other responsibilities as the church grows and changes, as directed by the Board.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the Board attending all Board meetings and providing a written report of the month’s activities.
- Serve the Church’s Celebrate Recovery as lead pastor, attending all CR meetings and meeting the needs of the those attending.
- Be involved with the Geary FCA and act as it’s liaison to the Church board.
- Engage within the life and ministry of the church, both self and spouse.
- Prepare monthly bulletin and work with web designer for monthly updates; maintain church’s Facebook page; work towards preparing a monthly podcast message for website.
Four (4) year degree from an accredited college or university. Seminary education is preferred, but not required.
Five (5) years of work experience serving as a Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor, or Care Pastor in a local church.
Significant experience in genuinely caring for people.
All commensurate to experience
- Salary based on experience
- Health Insurance compensation
- Retirement package
- Continuing education support
- Sick days
- Vacation package