Northwest Bible Church is seeking their next worship pastor to lead all worship experiences. The worship pastor will have a heart for the local church and enjoy intentionally connecting with the members of Northwest.
The Worship Pastor will have a close relationship with the Lead Pastor. The relationship with Lead Pastor will carry with it significant influence and partnership on worship and vision of the church under the guidance of NWBC Elders.
Northwest Bible Church is a vibrant and growing multi-generational congregation located in Northwest Houston. The mission of Northwest Bible Church is to “reach and equip everyday people to become true followers of Jesus, who reach and equip everyday people to become true followers of Jesus, who…” The church culture is formed and nurtured by the following values -
- Vertical Focus - Unashamed and unrestricted adoration and elevation of God.
- Horizontal Focus - Full awareness that we are to be the church.
- Livable Learning - The word of God reveals Jesus and revolutionizes the way we live.
- Real Community - Risk together. Laugh together. Time together. Life together.
- Focused Excellence - Pursuit to honor God and inspire people.
Every member and visitor of Northwest Bible Church is encouraged to live out the mission through worshiping, connecting, serving and growing. Northwest Bible is focused on living out the Gospel in such ways that people know they matter to God. Northwest Bible Church is led by an eclectic and experienced pastoral staff, including a gifted Lead Pastor Ty VanHorn. The church is nestled in a growing and family friendly area of Northwest Houston, with access to all the amenities of Houston, Texas.
- Oversee all worship services and experiences
- Plan and lead multiple blended worship experiences
- Work with Lead Pastor to create and integrate sermon series in worship services
- Produce relevant creative elements to enhance worship experiences
- Continual personal development of skills and gifts
- Recruit and train volunteer musicians
- Oversee application and interview process of potential Worship Team members
- Schedule and lead worship band rehearsals and training events
- Integrate worship planning technology to manage day-to-day operations
- Develop and disciple a team of potential worship leaders
- Provide pastoral care and leadership for the Worship Team
- Partner with various ministries and events with worship support
- Build and manage annual ministry budget
- Supervise maintenance and acquisition of music and technology equipment
- Participate in other overall ministry initiatives as a member of the NWBC pastoral team
- Contribute to overall ministry planning as a key member of church leadership staff
Education and Experience
- College degree required (Music and seminary education is preferred, but not required)
- 5+ years of experience in leading worship, planning worship services, and training volunteers
- Video footage of worship leading and leadership required
Skills and Abilities
- Ability and passion to shepherd and grow a worship team
- Excellent communicator, both orally and written
- Skilled in conflict management and resolution
- Experienced and proficient in leading blended worship (both traditional hymns and contemporary)
- Experience and ability in developing musical ensembles / vocal and instrumental
- Ability to develop and train volunteer musicians
- Passion to mentor young musicians
- Trained in music theory, sheet music, chord charts, etc.
- Experience in culturally relevant stage sets and design
- Working knowledge of lighting and audio/visual
- Computer software and technology savvy
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
Theology and Beliefs
- Complete agreement with NWBC Articles of Faith http://www.nwbc.org/articles-of-faith
- Wholehearted agreement with the Doctrinal Statement http://www.nwbc.org/doctrinal-statement
- A true and growing follower of Jesus.
- Pastor and lead the body in the biblical principles of worship.
- Diligent pursuit of congregational participation in worship.
- Personally engaged with Northwest Bible Church mission, vision, strategy and values.
- Engaged in the life and ministry of Northwest Bible Church as a fellow church member.
- Partner with other departments to build a strong and unified team work environment.
- Salary + housing allowance (commensurate to experience)
- Employer IRA contribution (after first year)
- Family health coverage (PPO, RX, Dental)
- Mobile phone stipend
- Personal, sick and vacation days