This position is responsible for the oversight and direction of the Creative and Data Systems Divisions. In addition, this position provides professional administrative support of OHC Ministry Plan initiatives by synchronizing the Communication Arts team under the guidance of the Minister of Communication Arts. This position exercises direct supervisory responsibilities over assigned staff and volunteers.
Oak Hills Church is located in San Antonio, Texas. Pastor Randy Frazee and Teaching Pastor Max Lucado lead the church and staff as a team sharing teaching responsibilities. The church has served San Antonio for the past 55 years. The Oak Hills culture is marked by a distinct desire to innovate. We are not your typical attractional church, although with nearly 10,000 weekly attenders, we believe in creating the best worship experiences focused on equipping the Body of Christ to be Jesus where they live. Our calling is summarized in this vision statement: We are the Body of Christ called to be Jesus in every neighborhood in our city and beyond.
- Assist with the creation of policies, procedures, systems, and processes that serve as a conduit for efficient and effective communication.
- Guide the decisions and focus of the team toward aligning projects to OHC’s mission.
- Coordinate reporting and development of the Communication Arts budget with Communication Arts Directors/Ministers.
- Oversee Communication Strategy as it pertains to Social Media and mass email.
- Oversee OHC website to include coordination of efforts to keep the site secure and information accurate, up-to-date, and consistent with OHC branding.
- Schedule meetings and leadership training for the Communication Arts ministry.
- Complete quarterly checkpoints and annual reviews with direct report employees.
- Provide input and direction online and offline communication strategies.
- Oversee production of publications and promotional projects in a timely, accurate and presentable manner consistent with OHC branding.
- Lead and equip staff and volunteers to access and effectively utilize the church database systems.
- Engage with OHC leadership, Communication Arts teams and campus leaders to help determine what information is collected through campuses and ministries.
- Develop and implement training presentations, media and materials for staff and volunteers at all campuses.
- Create and maintain processes that ensure attendee information is updated regularly (quarterly, monthly or web-based).
Four (4) year degree from an accredited college or university in Communications, Organizational Management or related field.
Ten (10) years of work experience in Communications or related field including five (5) years managing personnel and projects preferably in a church or non-profit organization.
- Knowledge of Database Systems.
- Knowledge of Mass Communication strategies.
- Knowledge of website and electronic media design and development.
- Knowledge of computer office applications and equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Knowledge of English grammar and vocabulary.
- Ability to write, compose, edit, and proofread literary material.
- Ability to prepare and present.
- Ability to see the large picture scope and focus on executing details.
- Ability to coordinate many diverse tasks and projects at one time.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through both verbal and written means.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with ministry staff.
- Ability to perform all the physical, intellectual, and analytical requirements of the position including decision making.
- Active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Actively practices personal spiritual disciplines and leads with humility, character, and love.
- Personally engaged with OHC mission, vision, and strategy.
- Actively engaged in the OHC mission to be Christ in your own neighborhood.
- Attend Discover OHC and become an OHC member within six (6) months of employment.
- Partner with other departments to lead, promote, and/or implement ministry initiatives and events.
All commensurate to experience