The Oaks Fellowship is seeking a Communication Director to support the church vision by implementing and developing communication strategies. The Communication Director will be responsible for advancing the vision of The Oaks Fellowship through creative writing, web experiences, and graphic visuals.
The Oaks Fellowship is strategically planted in the South-DFW area to carry its God-inspired vision of growing generations that transform communities locally, nationally and globally.
The Oaks Fellowship staff is focused on sending church members into communities as Spirit-empowered witnesses. Each staff member helps ensure no one walks alone in life. The Oaks Fellowship passionately believes ministry and discipleship happens in relationships.
The mission of The Oaks Creative Arts team is to support the pastoral team through Spirit-led creative art forms. Kelvin Co and team members believe the website is the trusted hub of ministry information and resources. Every communication channel of The Oaks should direct people to the website to find spiritual growth resources.
- Proficient in brief, clear and relational copywriting
- Capture details and write relatable, compelling and succinct stories
- Implement consistent and preferred writing format and style
- Lead and direct a team of writers aligned with writing style
- Strong sense of website technologies and trends
- Wireframe and sketch user friendly website experiences
- Leverage social media and applications to build online ministry
- Construct a website strategy integrated with master communication strategy
- Ability to create modern, fun, and professional designs
- Direct a team of designers in executing a brand style guide
- Manage projects in partnership with multiple graphic designers
- Execute design projects from ideation to deliverables
- Develop and implement communication strategies and campaigns.
- Receive, process and prepare announcements for the various communication channels of The Oaks like emails, program/bulletin, video announcements, website, social media, announcement slides, etc.
- Prepare the weekly program/bulletin including sermon notes, small group talk sheet, announcements and special inserts.
- Manage The Oaks’ web assets (domain names, hosting accounts, web services, etc.)
- Prepare weekly messages for podcast and online message library.
- Manage/maintain content – (copy, graphics, photos, etc.) for web assets including theoaksonline.org, micro websites, (scottwilsonleadership.com, sevenis.me etc.), social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), print and promotional collateral, and other communication channels including (electronic signage, digital signage, etc.)
- Manage online campus experience.
- Manage and coordinate special projects and campaigns.
- Provide oversight and training support to media interns.
3-5 years of experience in communication related fields (PR, marketing, graphic design, web development, social media, journalism) is required.
- Proficiency in various operating systems such as Mac and PC is required.
- Proficiency in writing is required.
- Proficiency in graphic design.
- Proficiency in print project management is required.
- Proficiency in web development project management is required.
- Proficiency in photography is preferred.
- Active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Actively practices personal spiritual disciplines and leads with humility, character, and love.
- Personally engaged with The Oaks Fellowship mission, vision, and strategy.
- View Communication Director position as a ministry role
- Engage within the life and ministry of The Oaks as a church member
- Partner with other departments to lead, promote, and/or implement ministry initiatives and events.
All commensurate to experience